Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Sam sent the following email on Monday, July 7, 2014:


Ok guys, how are you all doing.

First of all, yes, I got my travel plans last Thursday. I leave on the 15th with a 6 pm flight out (on United whooooo). We report to the travel office here at 12:30 pm. Then according to this paper we arrive at 7:01 PM, and I'm not sure if that's Utah time or California time. But then we have a layover for 6 hours at LAX until we board the 1 AM flight to Hong Kong. So when I call, I'll probably call sometime during that layover. Then it says we arrive in Hong Kong at 6:45 AM on the 17th, so we'll be flying all day. Hopefully my bowels are up to task so I don't have to use the airplane toilet. And we have to fly in our suits, but you already knew that. Then we have a 2 hr layover in Hong Kong until we take Dragonair Hong Kong to Cambodia and arrive at 10:25 AM on July 17, 2014. I think that they will have us take the front runner up to the airport, so I won't get to pass our freeway exit like I've been thinking that I would for my entire life.  Everybody is flying together except for Zierenberg and a sister in my district who are on the same flight to HK, probably because they added in the two vietnamese who are going to Cambodia, and that bumped the flying arrangements. 

For the 4th of July they had a special devotional. We assembled at 7:40 and they had a few musical numbers, a speaker, and then they had us watch 17 Miracles. After that they had us go outside and they gave us a little ice cream thing and let us watch whatever we could see from the stadium of fire. We stayed inside MTC boundaries the whole time. So we didn't get back to the residence until about 10:45 and that's probably the only day of the year that missionaries are allowed to not follow the schedule. One of the best parts was when we were in the devotional and I was sitting next to one of the English elders who is still here because he tore his ACL and he was just hating it. He started singing God Save the Queen during my country tis of thee, and we were laughing.

I think that's about all I have. Nothing new really happens in here. If you want to know anything specific, let me know. 

Love your favorite son, Sam

PS I just remembered dad that we don't have cambodian typewriters here. We don't do much writing in it anyways. I guess it's such a complex thing that only now are there things that support the cambodian alphabet like on phones and stuff. And I guess when you type you have to use all kinds of shifts/control/buttons/etc. to get the right things. Anyways.


This is my district with one of our teachers and his wife at our temple walk yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment