Thursday, July 17, 2014

SAM MADE IT!  

Sam left the MTC on Tuesday (July 15) and flew to LA where he caught a 14-hour connecting flight to Hong Kong.  From there he had a 2-hour flight into Phnom Pehn, Cambodia.  He sent us a short email at 2 am this morning (our time), which is 3 pm in Cambodia.  Cambodia is 13 hours ahead of us here.  Anyway, Sam made it there safely!  In his email he says everyone knows the Westovers. Paul & Mardi Westover served as a senior missionary couple in Cambodia, 2012-2014, and returned to their home in Riverton last March.  Sam got to meet them and spend an evening with them before he went into the MTC.  In Sam's email, he also mentions that he will probably see Jessa tomorrow.  Jessa Homer is a sister missionary who has been serving in Cambodia for the past 16 months or so.  Her family lives just a block from us and they have been dear friends of ours for years.   

Here is Sam's email:


Hey they're just giving me a few minutes to send you guys an email and let you know that I made it here alive. I smell absolutely terrible, but I'm here and everything is good. I don't know where I'm going or who my companion is yet. President and Sister Moon are really cool, and everyone knows the Westovers here. I think that's about it. They made us go try to contact in the market earlier today and that was something. Also they just told us that if you spit here, that means you want to fight someone, so I guess I'm going to have to stop doing that. I think I'll see Jessa tomorrow probably. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment