Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Sam sent the following email, photos, and video clips on Sunday, Sept. 7, 2015:

From: Samuel Christensen <samuel.christensen@myldsmail.net>
Subject: The final trimester (It's a boy)
Date: September 6, 2015 9:47:53 PM MDT

Hey guys,

Well, the results are in... I have to leave Tuol Tompung. It's kind of sad because I really like the ward here and we've got good stuff going. I'll be going to an area called Chbar Ampov. I've never really had any desire to go there, and it is still in the city sort of. I'll go there and white wash and finally get to train a kid. So I am excited to hopefully get a good son and teach him to be a good missionary. It won't be too bad there, I'm just a little bummed to be leaving this area so soon. But it is what it is! I feel like our area is better now than when I first got here so I guess it's time to go. The transfer will happen on Thursday this week.

We had a really good fast and testimony meeting yesterday--probably the best one I've been in since being in Cambodia. All down-to-earth people who spoke briefly. No more open-mic time for the youth.

To answer your question about the rain, it feels like it rains most days, not all. Usually it comes on about 4 o'clock. There's plenty of time of just hot sun though. It rained pretty severely this past week and flooded everything again. I've got some videos I put on dropbox for you. It's amazing how people have to deal with it. Some people in a really poor area, when it rains that hard, just deal with garbage water up to their necks. And then eventually it drains and goes away and they're fine. That's their life, they don't really know anything different. They're very humble. I had to walk through some of the water to get to someone's house and I got there and the lady had me take my socks off and she wrung them out and put them up to dry. Like, I wouldn't even want to wring out my own socks.

I've learned a lot about how to teach better and better methods since being here. And the rust is knocked off a little since we're out of the threesome so I can speak and teach a little more smoothly like I felt like I used to. Gotta get ready for my kid!

Like I said, I'm sad to leave, but I guess it's the plan and it'll be a good thing. Hope everything is going well there at home with health and school and stuff.

Peace and love!





No comments:

Post a Comment