Monday, August 31, 2015

Sam sent the following email & pictures on Sunday, August 30, 2015:

From: Samuel Christensen <samuel.christensen@myldsmail.net>
Subject: 
Date: August 31, 2015 12:30:57 AM MDT

Hey guys,

We had a good week. Last Tuesday we played basketball and that was fun, then this morning we played soccer and that was fun even though I'm not good at it and felt like I was embarrassing myself for most of the time. We had a good week. We found probably 15-20 less active or active member houses this week that I didn't know any of. It's good to know those so you can have more back up options for when stuff falls through. Tuol Tompung right now is back up city. For the most part, we can almost always get something else to do if our original plan has fallen through. Elder Kim is fun- he's go-go. We had the most total lessons this week that I've had on my mission. 

The piano class is pretty good. We've got a few students who are steadfast, and they're learning. It's good because I'm trying to give them the basics and a foundation to learn. A few new people came to the class on Saturday and that made it hard to teach on several different levels, but one of the new guys was just like "why do you have to count (like the rhythm) when you play?" Like he didn't see the need to. And my every-week students were more than happy to explain why it is essential as that was our curriculum for the first 3 or so weeks of class. I copied the book for 2.50 and they bought them.

We have a few really good investigators who are just struggling with getting to church on Sundays. But there's a lot of potential for them.

I get to teach Elder Kim some cool English words like "fruitcake" and various other words as the situations direct. His English is really pretty good.

Last week I was the only teacher for our English class of 36 students, and also the only one who can read and correct homework, so we're doing the best of that that we can.

I really like this area, the members, the ward. It's all good! I can't really think of too much else to share, so I guess until next week!

 Good luck with school starting and all the other stuff you guys've got going on!


This computer isn't working so I'll send you pictures next week.
Sam & Elder Zierenberg (Sam's MTC companion)


Elder Christensen & Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment