Friday, January 9, 2015

Sam sent us the following email and photos on Sunday, January 4, 2015:


From: Samuel Christensen <samuel.christensen@myldsmail.net>
Subject: Hi guys
Date: January 4, 2015 11:07:06 PM MST

Hey so I didn't budget my time very well today at email so I’m not going to write a lot. 

Just say that we finished the farewell tour this past week up until I got the new companion. We're doing well. We're doing hard work and at least I'm feeling fulfilled. My new companion is a good guy who wants to work hard. He's from Idaho named Elder Cook. He's bigger than I am. So I feel like we attract a lot more attention with two giant white people on bad little bikes going down the road and talking to people.
Once this week when I was in a 3-some with the zone leaders, one of them looked up into the distant sky and remarked on the beauty of the fireworks that he was seeing. When we all looked a little closer, we actually saw that it was just somebody up in a high building welding something and that sparks were shooting out of that. But it was a very close call.

We committed a family (mom not included) of like 5 people to baptism yesterday, then all the kids came to church but the dad didn't. We're going to get our district straightened out and restore Battambang 2 to all its former glory.

I moved houses and so now all 4 of us Americans live together. It's nice and fun to not just be one-on-one, which is how I've been for all but 4 weeks of my mission so far. The house isn't as nice, but it's still fine. The stairway up to it is probably about on a 70 degree angle.

We're doing the best we can out here. I'll probably say more next week. Ok, thanks, good luck all you good people!

Group picture~Christmas 2014  [Sam is 3rd row from the back, 5th in from the right]


Sam with a Cambodian family and his former companion



No comments:

Post a Comment